Saturday, June 8, 2013

Altered kids book!

For my Grandson's 2nd birthday I wanted to make him a book of our farm, he's favorite place to be!
I went to the thrift shop and bought 2 children's hard cover books.
I cut out every other pages, you have to be careful not to cut it to close to the spine, I did that with the first book and the book didn't hold its shape.
The first thing I did was cover the pages with Gesso, let the Gesso dry, or it won't stick.
I then covered the pages with Designer paper, picture and then letters.
I kept the pages very simple.
I used washi tape down the spine of each page, even though it is sticky and I covered it with mod podge, I also used sticky strip under the washi tape, just to make sure that the little 2 year old fingers didn't take it apart.
 
 
 
The chickens are his favorite of all the animals, not sure why.
Every time we facetime him, he wants to know where the bok boks are!
There are a few more pages but I think that is enough pictures for one post.

 Here is the birthday boy with his gift, apparently he slept with it tucked under his arm.

His birthday theme was Trains so I did a train card!
Here is my little cutie that fills me with so much joy!
 
 


2 comments:

Laura said...

Love how you re-purposed the kids book for your dear, sweet grandson!! Thanks for sharing your technique-removal of every other page and the gesso to allow paper to stick to the pages! I would love to try something like this!!! Years ago I started playing with a kids book, but never got past painting it with some lumiere paints! Thanks again for sharing your creativity!!!
hugs,
Laura

Farmgirl said...

What an adorable keepsake to go with your adorable grandson!!