Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Birthday X 7!

In the last week I have had 7 birthdays, wow!
Each of the ladies belong to the prayer group that I go to each week.
These ladies are beautiful woman and I really wanted to make nice cards for them.
Each lady has inspired me to grow closer to Jesus and trust Him more and more each day!
Here are a few of the cards I made.
I love using straight pins with beads on my cards, I love the dimension that it brings!
I actually curled my ribbon with a curling iron, never done that before, with all the other dimension the straight ribbon didn't look right!
The Flower is made by spraying it with water and then scrunching it up, I am always amazed at how once it dries it is firm and doesn't flatten.
For this card I tried doing a bit of mixed media.
I first of all ripped some patterned paper then glued it down to the card stock then covered that with Gesso.
This card is fairly basic, just added a bit of Gesso and some doodling here and there.
 


No comments: