Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A bit of This and That!

 
I have been soooo sick with a head cold and fever; so that is why I haven't posted the last couple of days! 
Lately I have been fascinated with Mixed Media art; which you do on canvas.  I am not quite brave enough to do the canvas yet, so I thought I would do the same sort of idea on a card.
 
The first thing I did was distress the edges with the distressing tool in the picture; I did this to all the pieces.




I then sponged the edges with Soft Suede, to give it a aged look.
I used the background stamp, French Script and Soft Suede ink, before I stamped the paper I removed some of the ink using a Kleenex.
Instead of pulling out my sewing machine, and I was going to do that, I used a white gel pen and did some faux stitching!  Also you may have noticed the lace doily is more oval then normal.  I actually cut the doily in half.
A few other things to note:
- I made the pattern with the pearls because they come individually or in a straight line.
-The flowers are sprayed with water before I formed them, when the are dry they keep the shape.

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, summer Starfruit, Rich Razzelberry, old olive Card Stock and the designer paper from Sale-a-bration (2 more days to take advantage of the free products).
Ink: Rich Razzelberry and Soft Suede classic ink
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch (for the leaves)
Stamp Set: Hope Happens
Supplies used:

No comments: