Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Lord is my Shephard


 
Well I had fun this morning!  Here is my second attempt at Mixed Media art.  This was an interesting experience.  I have never before ripped up a bible, it almost felt sinful and fun at the same time.  I bought a bible and Hymn book at the thrift shop and in the picture below, you can see the song and scripture peeking through.
 
The first thing I did was, mod podge the scriptures and the hymn straight onto the canvas.  Next, I painted a watered down layer of white, then yellow, and lastly the terracotta orange.  To get the sunset look, I took a cloth and rubbed off the painted.  I wanted some of the scripture of Ps. 23 to show through so I rubbed a bit more paint off there.
 
I am very happy with the results.  Let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Farmgirl said...

Kim- this is so beautiful! I love it too, not only for the beautiful art work, but the hymn in the background! Your creativity is a gift! Is this for sale? the canvas, not the creativity!

diane zechman said...

This is wonderful!